Web Site Legal Statement
The Lionel Operating Train Society, Inc. ("LOTS"), an Ohio not-for-profit corporation, maintains this Site for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site.
You may download material displayed on the Site for noncommercial, personal use only provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without the specific written permission of LOTS.
Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws.
By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and LOTS are superseded and of no force or effect. If you have any questions about this Legal Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted and may not be used except as provided herein without the express written consent of LOTS. LOTS does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe upon the rights of third parties unaffiliated with LOTS.
- 2. While LOTS uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, LOTS makes no warranty or representation as to its accuracy. LOTS disclaims liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- 3. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Neither LOTS nor any of its officers, directors, agents, members, or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- 4. LOTS disclaims any responsibility for any damage to your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of the Site caused by your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site. This disclaimer shall include loss or damage caused by any computer virus, worm or other destructive computer program.
- 5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by LOTS. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, or other communications regulations and statutes.
- 6. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of LOTS and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of whoever owns the Trademark. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that LOTS will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- 7. LOTS is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your use of links to off-site pages at other sites is at your own risk.
- 8. All opinions expressed are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect the views of LOTS or its Board of Directors.
- 9. LOTS may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.